xSF

Author Topic: Multiple race records (rewards + interest + speed hackers)  (Read 209 times)

Armionus

Your in-game name: Armionus
What is your suggestion: Basically to add multiple records for the race. I have realized that only one record is shown, on the chat, and I will explain the need for more.
The first and main idea is that it will make evaluating speed hackers more convenient. Instead of having to complete a race multiple times in order to conclude whether someone's time has been made using speed hacks or not, having multiple records would make things much easier. You could make the top 3 or 5 times for example and determine based on the magnitude of difference between them.
The second idea is to assign increasing rewards for the number of record broken. Meaning the 5th record will get the least reward, albeit still more than just winning the race normally, and the 1st the most.
How will it benefit the community: It would decrease the difficulty dealing with speed hackers, as well as rekindle or spark the interest in races.
Additional information: The top records could be shown in a pop-up window, either at the start of the race or at the end, or both.

Altair

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 06:11:49 pm
I agree with this idea, but I disagree with the idea of having different rewards. The principle of racing is that if you finish first, you get the highest reward possible. Now if you want to make the suggestion that if you break a record, you get more than the reward of just finishing first, then yes we could agree on that. I also disagree with the pop up window idea, as that would get annoying rather quickly. I’d suggest /checkrecord <racename> for a more convenient way of displaying top 5 records.

SamEEr.KhaN

• VIP
  • 💙❤ Believe That, God is fair.! 💙❤
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 06:16:34 pm
1- Neutral.
2- Yes!! Increase rewards for 1st winner, and also add  for the  4th, 5th winner atleast they have to win 1score, $5000?

Armionus

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 07:04:24 pm
Now if you want to make the suggestion that if you break a record, you get more than the reward of just finishing first, then yes we could agree on that.

That's exactly what I meant.

I also disagree with the pop up window idea, as that would get annoying rather quickly. I’d suggest /checkrecord <racename> for a more convenient way of displaying top 5 records.

My foundation of suggesting the popup, which itself is an immediate feedback regarding the top times of the server, is that it provides a strong proof to catch hackers. Once a good player, who is willing to report hackers in order to benefit the community and the server, he sees it as a sign and takes action. The more hackers we catch, the better.
However your idea of /checkrecords 'name of the race' is also useful in this regard, specifically in the situation when you accidentally exit or just miss the popup and you would need to provide concrete proof in order to post a valid report.

Quote from: SamEEr.KhaN link/checkrecords 'name of the race=topic=30698.msg210975#msg210975 date=1549905394
1- Neutral.
2- Yes!! Increase rewards for 1st winner, and also add  for the  4th, 5th winner atleast they have to win 1score, $5000?

Hmm, I believe that would make things too easy. Given how many participants are usually in a race, you don't need to do much driving just basically join and finish the race and you still get a reward.
Having rewards only for the top dogs would make learning the skill of driving exciting, challenging. It would be an achievement, which is more rewarding than being lazy.

Altair

Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 07:06:21 pm
So wait do you mean that the pop-up appears as soon as you finish the race, or what?

EDIT: Just noticed “Immediate feedback”, but again, going back to my point, it would get really annoying quickly having to click out or exit the pop up instead of just proceeding with free roaming or doing something else.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:08:40 pm by Altair »

Prodigy

• Why are you watching my profile?
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 07:30:15 pm
+1 i see this feature on MF

Discord: Zomic#9724

Lilkapaa

Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 08:10:26 pm
+1
DeadDynasty

Akira

Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 08:21:00 pm
+

Chris.

• Admin
  • Change the game, don't let the game change you.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 09:34:46 pm
I agree with this. Having multiple records for a race would be good. A command should be made too, /records or idk... and a window pops up with all the races, select the race you want, and it will show you the first 5 records for the respective race.

Danger

Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 10:39:18 pm
Already suggested 100times
Funky said that it will be added soon(top5)
/racerecords race name we have it already
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:42:20 pm by Danger »

Naranja

Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 11:17:10 pm
Agreed with this!

Atago

Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 01:49:43 am
+1

Discord : ᴅʜxᴍ#8234

Dann.

Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 07:23:49 am
Positive!

Armionus

Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 08:05:55 am
Already suggested 100times
Funky said that it will be added soon(top5)
/racerecords race name we have it already

Thanks for pointing that out, and here it is: https://xsfserver.com/forums/index.php?topic=30113.0

It's not even on the second or later page in the accepted suggestions board, hilarious.
However, this includes the possible addition of an appearing popup at the beginning as well as post race version at the end. Hopefully that will be taken into consideration, furthermore this could serve as a reminder for that suggestion.

Nevertheless, I forgot to do the proper research, I apologise for that.

I am locking this now before any other unnecessary votes take place, and wait for the final decision from Funky or denNorske.