xSF

Author Topic: About Build 55  (Read 1413 times)

Beryllium

• Playin' Since 2013.
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: November 17, 2017, 10:16:32 AM
It must be a bad thing for players regarding custom skins, GTA Protagonists Skins and Vice City map since the players are going to download them when they start xSF and the download can't be resumed or even paused, The game is turning into MTA, That's a kind of bad thing, I've tested the 0.3.8 Client using my localhost, They're downloading the TXD and DFF files of the skins and the skin may reach between 1 to 3 Megabits and the server may reach over 100 megabits, So It'll be bad for the servers

About the Vice City Map, You're going to create a custom dynamic objects using the blender or 3D Max It takes a while, So you shouldn't say that by releasing the Final Version of the 0.3.8 Client, The server will be updated, Otherwise then you've created your map.

Even the map will reach a high amount of size as we used to download the map modifications (San Vice, GTA SAxLCxVC, GTA Vice City Stories)
San Vice which is used to be over 500 MB
GTA SAxLCxVC is used to be over 700 MB.
GTA Vice City Stories is used to be over 800 MB.

So what about that, I am just talking about the players who own slow connections which can only run GTA San Andreas between 80 to 90 PING.

https://i.imgur.com/oLboCha.png

As you can see there, there's "OnPlayerFinishedDownloading", I also tested the client and the windows server, I tested the windows server well, Very Understood for now, But I tested about the skins and I used to download them by launching the server, But that was kinda fast since I am on my localhost.

Also that will be more problems in the hosts which they needs to be upgrading.

- Beryllium
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
   Ban(playerid);
    return 1;
}

J0shES

• Julie_Corleone <3
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 17, 2017, 11:35:11 AM
If you read the SA-MP documentation of 0.3.8, you will realize if you specify that a certain custom model is in a certain virtual world, the player won't download it until they go to that virtual world.

Vice City is 69696969 (for example) -> player joins -> VW is 0 -> player plays normally without downloading vice city

Vice City is 69696969 -> Player joins -> player wants to play @ vice city so he uses a command -> downloading.

Although, we can supply a vice city download with the objects so players can copy them easily without having slow RakNet downloads.

You're going to create a custom dynamic objects using the blender or 3D Max It takes a while

I'm not sure what this means, custom dynamic objects in a 3D modeling program? If you're attempting to mention streamer then we don't need to do that, plugins do that for us already.

(Also the SA-MP developer converted Vice City from the game files a couple of days ago and for the most part it's working fine but its a bit buggy.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:37:33 AM by J0shES »

Beryllium

• Playin' Since 2013.
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 17, 2017, 03:36:54 PM
If you read the SA-MP documentation of 0.3.8, you will realize if you specify that a certain custom model is in a certain virtual world, the player won't download it until they go to that virtual world.

Vice City is 69696969 (for example) -> player joins -> VW is 0 -> player plays normally without downloading vice city

Vice City is 69696969 -> Player joins -> player wants to play @ vice city so he uses a command -> downloading.

Although, we can supply a vice city download with the objects so players can copy them easily without having slow RakNet downloads.

You're going to create a custom dynamic objects using the blender or 3D Max It takes a while

I'm not sure what this means, custom dynamic objects in a 3D modeling program? If you're attempting to mention streamer then we don't need to do that, plugins do that for us already.

(Also the SA-MP developer converted Vice City from the game files a couple of days ago and for the most part it's working fine but its a bit buggy.)

Aight, Just a good thing regarding the Vice City Map, But also remember that people will be also want to test the map, They might come to the virtual world which you're adding VC Map in using the command /vc

About the blender thing, I meant to say that you can use blender or other 3D modeling program to model and create VC Buildings since you can't create VC Map with San Andreas Buildings and Objects.

In the streamer plugin fact, I just didn't mention streamer plugin nor any other, That was a typing mistake. I just meant to say that you are going to use 3D modeling program to create VC Buildings as mentioned up.

In the Vice City Map which SA-MP Developers have converted it, I just searched now in SA-MP Forums, I did not find anything regarding what you're talking about, Can you just provide a URL?

Also remember the high sizes of the objects and maps, Skins and Host problems.

EDIT: And who even said that it might take a while, It's already released but in the test phase (not officially)

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=644105

They're just launching it as soon as possible they end the testing of everything.

EDIT 2: Alright, Just saw VC and LC Map right now.

Quote from Kalcor: Although the map is 99% there are still lots of problems we saw while testing.

You're right then.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:02:47 PM by Beryllium »
{
   Ban(playerid);
    return 1;
}

denNorske

• Board Moderator
  • Experienced Developer since 2011
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 01:39:52 PM

Aight, Just a good thing regarding the Vice City Map, But also remember that people will be also want to test the map, They might come to the virtual world which you're adding VC Map in using the command /vc

About the blender thing, I meant to say that you can use blender or other 3D modeling program to model and create VC Buildings since you can't create VC Map with San Andreas Buildings and Objects.

In the streamer plugin fact, I just didn't mention streamer plugin nor any other, That was a typing mistake. I just meant to say that you are going to use 3D modeling program to create VC Buildings as mentioned up.

In the Vice City Map which SA-MP Developers have converted it, I just searched now in SA-MP Forums, I did not find anything regarding what you're talking about, Can you just provide a URL?

Also remember the high sizes of the objects and maps, Skins and Host problems.

EDIT: And who even said that it might take a while, It's already released but in the test phase (not officially)

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=644105

They're just launching it as soon as possible they end the testing of everything.

EDIT 2: Alright, Just saw VC and LC Map right now.

Quote from Kalcor: Although the map is 99% there are still lots of problems we saw while testing.

You're right then.

One other issue stated in the RC topic of the 0.3.8 release, is that there will come many security related issues along the way of implementing such a cache/sync system for each and every server.
On the positive side; Once you've downloaded the cache, you'll no longer need to download more files from the server again, until there's done some updates to it.
Models doesn't take that much size at all. 1-3 mb's are quite excessive unless you're looking to implement high-definition skins in a low-poly game, and which I doubt will be done on a regular basis. There will be delays and wait-times for clients, but hopefully the system can be built up in such a way that it works smoothly by time. I am sure most people would like to wait a bit to download some new amazing features though :)

I think it's fair that we don't wait for the release of 0.3.8 as it could take some time. Instead we could focus on bugfix and implement new features as we wait, so that we are completely ready for implementing new and almost "experimental" stuff later on :P
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:41:40 PM by denNorske »

Waifu

• VIP
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 02:38:36 PM
The new build is going to be gr8. Good job devs.
waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu
waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu waifu

Private200

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 03:47:10 PM
Glad to see someone's keeping the updates coming.

Beryllium

• Playin' Since 2013.
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 18, 2017, 09:23:06 PM

One other issue stated in the RC topic of the 0.3.8 release, is that there will come many security related issues along the way of implementing such a cache/sync system for each and every server.
On the positive side; Once you've downloaded the cache, you'll no longer need to download more files from the server again, until there's done some updates to it.
Models doesn't take that much size at all. 1-3 mb's are quite excessive unless you're looking to implement high-definition skins in a low-poly game, and which I doubt will be done on a regular basis. There will be delays and wait-times for clients, but hopefully the system can be built up in such a way that it works smoothly by time. I am sure most people would like to wait a bit to download some new amazing features though :)

I think it's fair that we don't wait for the release of 0.3.8 as it could take some time. Instead we could focus on bugfix and implement new features as we wait, so that we are completely ready for implementing new and almost "experimental" stuff later on :P

The security issues are going to be solved as we know regarding any incoming san andreas multiplayer client updates.

And yes, you will use a high definition skins since you won't find non-HD skin of any GTA Protagonist.

And yes, The most good thing that the players are going to download the "models" folder which are in the server files once they're not going to download it further except if there's any critical updates.

Regarding the VC Map, As SA-MP Developers stated that the map size is going to be above 270 MB since It's TXD and DFF Files are copied from GTA United and Other Modifications.

I just tried the VC Map without downloading the TXD and DFF files, The map is literally died, No roads, No buildings or anything, Just the traffic roads is the visible thing (and also the objects which is from SA).

You should wait until 0.3.8 is officially released and update the server to the new client and wait until you be sure of your decision on the local host.
{
   Ban(playerid);
    return 1;
}

Xeon™

• Board Moderator
  • Hey there!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 18, 2017, 09:28:57 PM
Good news:

- Build 55 will be done in the next two weeks (24th ~ 28th November)

Bad news:

- PCP gonna be a bit late.

Escobar

• Babe
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 18, 2017, 10:32:37 PM
Good news:

Bad news:

Damn it.

AlDuelz

• Helper
  • ⚠ⒹⒶⓃⒼⒺⓇⓄⓊⓈ⚠
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Reply #54 on: November 18, 2017, 10:37:55 PM
Good news:

Bad news:

Nice XeonTM, don't forget what I asked you  :smoke:

Youtube
Steam

IGN : AlDuelz

Tupperware

• Be the best
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 09:19:16 AM
Good Job  :celebrate3:
Keep it up :thumbsup3:

:spongebob:  :spongebob:  :spongebob:
                      :ohmy3: :love3:

Tupperware[IW] its me :)

DaNn.

• View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 19, 2017, 02:28:44 PM
Finally 24-28 let's see but thinking may it come at 25 ! xD

Edcy

• VIP
  • Only one thing should get over your head; Sense.
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: November 19, 2017, 06:36:59 PM
Just be sure to have copy of 0.3.7 in case of what happens to many new updates - Flaws. What kind of? I deer not even comprehend such!  :doh3:
But this wait of yours surely will have you plenty time to check over features in case of issues, or even make additional ones like barrels under platforms in Skyscraper map in /Derby!  :dubbelpuntE_Smiley:

HardStone

• VIP
  • Good vibes!☮ツ
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 21, 2017, 04:24:25 PM
Good news:

Bad news:

Great!  :biggrin3:
Good job mate
When it rains look for Rainbow,When its dark look for Stars.

Edaward

• [IW]Edward
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: December 01, 2017, 09:44:29 PM
hello
good job everyone   :tongue3: